Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My busy summer

My parents and I have done a lot this summer.  That's my excuse for not updating my blog as I should have.  I do need someone to help me sometimes - remember - no opposable thumbs.

First we went to Providence to see my cousin Jon graduate from Brown University.  This is my cousin Jon and my aunt and uncle


I had the opportunity to explore a new city...



 at least the lower portions of it....

Then we went to an Airstream Rally.  I always enjoy those.  I got to make a new canine friend - Missy.  Missy barked a lot.

This is me and Missy...





After the rally we did a lot of driving.  I often helped my parents with directions.

...and you can imagine how happy I was to find this exclusive area, just for me, at one of the rest stops.










 When we got to MIchigan I was delighted to see my dear friend Clancy and his parents Irene and Jerry...




Clancy and I have so much fun together...




 Aren't we cute?  Wouldn't you give us treats?????

Unfortunately Clancy had an accident with his paw and was forced to wear one of these strange collars.
But as soon as he figured out how to lick his paw even with the collar his parents took it off!  We canines are so clever!

The highlight of the trip was when my parents took me on a short ferry ride on the St. Mary's River.



Our next stop was in Syracuse to see my aunt and uncle and Grandma Emily.  Also my cousin Teddy, another very noisy canine.

He's the one with the bushy tail.

While in Syracuse I visited my dear friends Bill and Jerry who have a lovely house on a lake with a funny name - Skinny Atlas - I enjoyed lying in the sun.








No comments:

Post a Comment